We are committed to protecting the personal data that you share with us online or otherwise. This Policy describes how your personal data is collected with your consent, processed, stored and used to meet our Group Hotels’ data protection standards and to comply with the data protection law.
This Personal Data Protection Policy forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services and applies to the Hotels managed by Universal Enterprises Private Limited. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Policy.
SUMMARY OF KEY ISSUES
- Consent: “Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our Customer Personal Data Protection Policy.
- Collection : We collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us or that we obtain while you are using our website, downloading mobile application, placing an order, subscribing to our newsletter, responding to a survey or filling out a form.
- Protection : We employ reasonable and current technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and to ensure correct use of Personal Data.
- Use : We use Personal Data to provide you with services, to build features that will make the services available on our website easier to use, to contact you about these services, and to send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you.
- Sharing : We share your Personal Data with other hotels in our group, affiliated companies, external service providers, third party vendors, agents, and otherwise as necessary to provide our services and manage our business.
- Access: We understand that you may want to access, change or delete your personal data.
PRINCIPLES FOR PROTECTING PERSONAL DATA
- Transparency: When collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
- Legitimacy: We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Policy. Relevance and accuracy: We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
- Storage: We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the applicable laws.
- Access, rectification, opposition: You may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information. You may contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to: [email protected]
- Confidentiality and security: We will ensure that reasonable technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- Sharing and international transfer: We may share your personal data within the Universal Resorts Hotels or with third parties (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will take appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED BY US?
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your membership number for the loyalty programs
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example, smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments.
Depending on applicable local laws, certain information could be considered sensitive, such as your credit card number, your leisure activities, personal activities and hobbies, and whether or not you are a smoker. We may be obliged to collect such information, with your consent, in order to meet your requirements or provide you with an appropriate service, such as a specific diet.